We are a Christian community development organization engaging with people in our community to explore subjects such as:
• Access to resources available to middle class but often not to people in poverty.
• Providing support to the local community to identify and solve systemic neighborhood problems.
• Spiritual support in organizing local congregations and developing “home grown” leadership.
• Working through our neighborhood community center to work with the children in understanding the personal resources they need for a successful life.
We envision healthy, functional neighborhoods from McKinley to Shaw and First to Blackstone with neighbors gathering, collaborating, creating safe, livable, walk-able spaces, and helping each other in a spirit of community.
Work Development Program
We are mentoring people in work and business development in five ways:
- Actually providing jobs through An Elegant Yard Sale.
- Funding and mentoring small business owners through “Fishing for Life.”
- Teaching entrepreneurship to children through “Build a Child.”
- Coaching entrepreneurs in soft skills necessary for business success.
- Coaching potential members of the work force in soft skills necessary for work success.
An Elegant Yard Sale
Our mission is to create jobs in our community; develop income for 4141 Ministries and to encourage entrepreneurial innovation.
We value the personhood of the individual; the love that Christ has for each and the reflection of that love in us; and the respect due to all people. An Elegant Yard Sale is a store that sells pre-loved treasures. It is also an online business, anelegantyardsale.com. In the store, people find affordable items that they need or want. The atmosphere is homey and elegant. Thus, it is called “an elegant yard sale.” It is also friendly, welcoming, and community-oriented. People come to visit, to meet others, to practice English, and sometimes to find a listening ear. We also provide outlets for members of the community to market their creative products.
Monday thru Friday
10:00 A.M. – 2:45 P.M.
Build A Child
Fishing for Life
Granny’s Park Community Center
Community Organizing and Development
International Pastor’s Fellowship and Leadership Institute
African Community Garden
Church Planting, Church Health Consultations, and Congregational Development